Friday, July 31, 2015

Early morning road trip


We watch everything on the road as we're driving and talk about all we see going on; construction trucks throwing rocks, tire snakes, and the occasional Mario Andretti. This morning it went something like this.

Me: Andrea, put on your cop glasses. I think I need to pull this guy over. 
Andrea: I don't have any cop glasses. What's wrong this time?
Me: Then make those finger circles around your eyes because look at that pipe on the back of that trailer...it's hopping around. I don't think it's tied down. He's going to harpoon someone and I feel like an endangered species following this guy.
Andrea: Police officers are declining in the public opinion polls. I'm not sure my impersonation will help them any.

The pipe jumps back 20 inches.

Me: I'm turning on the lights. Make a siren noise so we can get this guy to pull over.
Andrea: Okay fine. You drive. I'll tell him.
Me: "HEY! YOU'RE LOSING A PIPE OFF THE BACK! A PIPE! OFF THE..,"
Andrea: I don't think he can read lips at 75mph. Wave him over.

I wave him over. We pull off the interstate. 

Me: I'm going to go talk to him.
Andrea: No. You stay here. I'll talk to him.
Me: Are you sure? I can go with you.
Andrea: No. Stay here.
Me: Okay fine. Radio for back up if you need me. 


She hops out and tells him. He thanks her and she hops back in. 


Me: What did he say?
Andrea: He said I made a pretty good siren noise now turn off your lights and let's go.


Five minutes later...
Me: That was pretty easy to pull him over. He's lucky we weren't pirates.

1 comment:

Celia said...

That totally made my morning—I narrowly missed spitting my coffee all over my laptop. Thanks for sharing!

Celia