Wednesday, January 02, 2013

Triumph Earned Failure

"Remember this: The strongest sign of the decay of a naiton is the feminization of men and the masculinization of women. It is notable that in Communist nations women are exhorted, and compelled, to do what has traditionally been men's work. American women, some of them, feel triumphant that they have broken down the "barricades" between the work of the sexes. I hope they will still feel triumphant when some commissar forces a shovel or an axe into their soft hands and compels them to pound and cut forests and dig ditches. I hope they will be "happy" when a husband deserts them and they must support their children and themselves alone. (After all, if a woman must be "free" she shouldn't object to men being free too, should she?") I hope they will feel "fulfilled" when they are given no more courtesies due to their sex, and no kindnesses, but are kicked aside on the subways and buses by men, and jostled out of the way by men on busy sidewalks and in elevators. I hope that no man will extend mercy to them because of obvious pregnancies, but will rudely tell them that that is no excuse to shirt a day's heavy labor, and they should be like Russian women. I hope they will be proud when some court demands that they support "delicate" husbands for a lifetime, and pay alimony. I hope, when they look in their mirrors, that they will be pleased to see exhausted and embittered faces, and that they will be consoled by their paychecks."

Read the rest here.

Recommended Resources:
Mother

How To Be A Lady
Why Christian Manhood Must Prevail
The Wise Woman's Guide To Blessing Her Husband' s Vision

1 comment:

Anna said...

Men and women are equal. Period. My husband and I are both college educated we both work and we share the care of our son. My husband does all of the cooking most of the laundry and we share the rest of the chores. We make descisions as equals and he submits to me as often as I submit to him..We are happily married and have been for ten years. Your beliefs are based on fear not on reality