Thursday, January 13, 2011

Bradley Pierce Testifies Before Austin City Council

Austin City Council Testimony: Bradley Pierce

By Bradley Pierce

Honorable Mayor and City Council Members:

Thank you for your kind attention.

My name is Bradley Pierce. I am an attorney and citizen of Williamson County and call the Austin Airport my homeport. I am also a husband and a father. My wife, who is pregnant with our first child, is with me today.

I care about my family. I care about their protection and their future. Because of that, I am here to respectfully request that the City of Austin refuse to permit TSA or anyone else to operate X-Ray scanners or perform enhanced pat-downs in the Austin airport.

I care about protecting my family. Many parents tell their children never to let anyone, stranger or otherwise, touch you in certain places, and if anyone does, to come tell Daddy and Mommy immediately. Now when we go to the airport, where the rules apparently do not apply, Daddy and Mommy are expected to surrender our children to a stranger to perform on them the very things we have told them were so wrong, and Daddy and Mommy are supposed to stand idly by and say, “It’s okay, honey. It’s the government.”

Read the rest of Bradley's testimony here.

No comments: