Saturday, July 11, 2009

Nutritional Natural Healing Resources

You have the aches. You have a fever. You remember just how nice it really felt to have a settled stomach. You're wondering how long this one will last and what you can take to help you recover as quickly as possible.

With the flu going around we've had a couple calls from friends asking for advice. We have a few resources that we prefer for referencing nutritional healing practices that I thought I would share them with you today.

The first one is Prescription for Nutritional Healing by Balch. This book is our most referenced resource. I appreciate it because it's factual and not philosophical. I've come across other books that start you out with bizarre philosophies about how the full moon makes you more spiritual and the book tends to be full of advice that I have to wonder about. I like to stick to the facts and use my own biblical worldview. The nice thing about PfNH is that it will tell you what each vitamin or herb does and recommended quantities. It's just a reference book.

Earl Mindell's Herb Bible and Vitamin Bible are a couple other references that we have. I like to have several around so that I can cross reference and double check.

We also have Shonda Parker's books and use them as well. Her titles are:
For weight loss we recommend Lean For Life hands down. Our family along with hundreds of business owners were part of a trial direct to consumer L4L program. In short, you can't not loose weight on this program. It was phenomenal. Everyone (us and 100's of others) had consistent daily reliable results. Produced by the Lindora Medical clinic in California, a clinic specifically developed for the morbidly obese with 30+ years of successful history in the field, Lean For Life is not a fad diet. Just the right way to eat and the right way to think about yourself and food.

Last but not least eat Garlic. That's my advice. It's a natural antibiotic and it will force a quarantine if you eat enough.

2 comments:

The Wintons said...

We use several of these resources but a couple of them are new to me. Looking forward to checking them out, thank you for sharing!

Marci said...

Good resources. I also love The How To Herb Book and ABC Herbal.

By the way, Shonda has a new book out with Vickilynn Haycraft. It is all about nutrition.