Monday, September 29, 2008

Heidrick Wedding

Mr. and Mrs. Cameron Heidrick (ages 22 and 18)
Joined in marriage September 20, 2008


I Erin, make a covenant before God and man, to you Cameron Heidrick to be your loyal wife. For as Christ is the head of his church so is the husband head of his wife. Cameron I will submit myself to you. I will live first for our God, and then for you, loving you, obeying you, caring for you and ever seeking to please you. I will be your discreet, chaste keeper at home, diligently and faithfully caring for the affairs of your household so that your heart may always safely trust in me. It is my prayer and desire that you will find in me the help meet God designed especially for you. If the Lord chooses so to bless us, it will be my delight to be your faithful bearer of children and I will assist you in teaching them about our God and his commands. Wherever you go I will go, wherever you stay I will stay, your people will be my people. I will be yours in time of plenty and in time of want, in time of sickness and in time of health, in time of joy and in times of sorrow, in times of failure and in times of success. May God be gracious to us and bless us and may his face shine upon us. I pledge to you my life as an obedient faithful wife.

I, Cameron Heidrick, covenant before God and man to you, Erin Rae Lowry to be your loving husband, to lead you, to protect you, and to provide for you in the fear and grace of the Lord.
I vow to love you as my wife even as Christ also loved the Church,To lay down my life for you, To wash you with the water of the Word, To love you as my own body and to nourish and cherish you even as the Lord does the Church, To render unto you the affection owed you, knowing that I do not have authority over my own body but you do, To dwell with you according to knowledge, giving honor unto you as unto the weaker vessel, and living together with you as heirs together of the grace of life. You alone will be my delight as the wife of my youth. I will fight for you, for our sons, for our daughters, and for our household. The Lord do so to me and more also if anything but death parts you and I. I will be yours in times of plenty and in times of want, in times of sickness and in times of health, in times of joy and in times of sorrow, in times of failure and times of triumph.

5 comments:

Megan said...

Wow! So wonderful and inspirational. I wonder if they would let anyone else use those vows? I'm really happy for them.

Amber D.M. said...

Those are beautiful! Thanks for sharing. I might have to stow those away for future reference. =)

Miss Kelly and Miss Andrea said...

Megan-
It was a wonderful wedding. And I am sure they wouldn't mind but would be very blessed to know someone else used them.

Unless you didn't change the names. Then they might mind...
;o)

Amber-
Yup, the wedding file folder keeps getting wider.

God Bless,
Kelly

HIS daughter said...

Wow that is awesome! i am 18 and my dream was to get married at 18 but God had different plans :) ANyway, those vows are absolutely beautiful! Thanks for sharing :)

Marci said...

Great vows. I just posted my son's and his wife's on our blog along with lots of wedding pictures. It is good to see someone else's vows as well.