Saturday, June 28, 2008

Mission Style Memories

The frame that I picked up on our last treasure hunt is finally repaired and refinished. We considered many things to put in it (stained glass, mirror, calligraphy, etc ) and finally found just what we were looking for. We picked out some antique doilies to go in it that were passed down to us. I like how it is coming along. Next, we'll pick a background color to put behind the doilies, cut some glass to fit the frame, and add some pictureframeguts holders to keep the back on. Then comes finding a home for it.

4 comments:

Lauren Christine said...

That is so neat. How pretty it is turning out! :)

Mrs. Hurzeler said...

That is a great idea! I just got a huge stack of doilies that were my Grandma's. now I just have to find one of those shelf thingys. Thanks!
God Bless.

Mrs. Pear said...

What a great idea! It will be gorgeous! If you have a scrap of velvet the right size it will give it a very rich look and also help hold everything together!

Crochet is on the long list of skills I would like to learn to pass down to my daughter (daughters hopefully!)

Miss Kelly & Miss Andrea said...

Mrs. Pear-
What a great idea...I will have to rummage through the scrap tub!
Kelly