Wednesday, May 21, 2008

100% Whole Wheat Bread


We have a Panasonic Bread Bakery Machine. It's the one with the yeast holder on the top of the lid. Pictured above is what is probably the latest version of our model. I know that different machines are finicky in different ways, so I thought I would mention it.
This recipe works every time and with a few different modes on our machine.
100% Whole Wheat Bread Recipe

2.25 cups of whole wheat flour

1 Tbsp dry milk

1 tsp salt

3 Tbsp butter (or more....mmmm)

1 Tbsp honey

15/16 cup water (yes, exactly)

1 tsp dry yeast (not leveled, not heaping)


Dump it all in the bucket in that order. Put your yeast in the yeast drop and don't forget to turn on the machine!

3 comments:

Dutchess said...

what kind of whole wheat flour do you use? Valerie and I discovered the beauty of King Arthur. It's the only w/w flour that doesn't taste like "stale" wheat flour....I remember begging for white bread when I was little, and then one day I tried some....

it was the grossest thing ever. BUT my favorite is nut bread, which drives several people in my house crazy...

Maegan said...

All green M&Ms! Awesome. I'll have to make a trip to the store and see if I can find them.

Miss Kelly & Miss Andrea said...

Dutchess,

We've been using home ground flour from Prairie Gold wheat for the last several years. We have used King Arthur in a pinch and you're right, for some reason it tastes better than other store bought flours. Not sure how they accomplish that...

Haha, yes...we grew up on white bread. Now, we could never switch back!

~Andrea

P.S. Nut bread is the best!