Friday, February 15, 2008

Taking Every Word Captive

I grew up listening to country music, singing country music, paying to go to concerts and letting it play on auto-repeat in my head. Then I was saved and blessed with the understanding that as a servant of Christ God had a different perogative as to what I put in my head and meditated on day and night. I repented of my rejection of God's standard and do not listen to it anymore. I appreciate American Vision's February 15th commentary for this very reason.

"Some of you may be thinking, it’s just a song. Why are you making such a big deal about it? My goal as a father and a husband is to make sure that everything my family comes into contact with checks out with God’s Word. If it doesn’t, then we need to use these simple opportunities to train our families." ~Jared Vallorani comments on Brooks & Dunn’s, "God Must be Busy."

2 comments:

Dutchess said...

I hate that song! I heard it in a restaurant and was absolutely repulsed....

Sara N. Smith said...

Hallelujah! It's so true that we ought to be filling our minds with holy, godly, uplifting things! May all we say, do, and think bring honor to His name!