Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Crazy Quilting Part 2

Since there is interest in the book we are working from, I thought I would post some pictures of the book itself and the quilt ideas it contains. It's by Sandy Bonsib and the ISBN number is 1-56477-218-7


I like this one I think I would put Est. 1972 or something in one of the squares



Beautiful but it looks like it would take brain power to make...

Very cheery...


This is a cute idea, but I think I would put a scripture quote or something else that I would want to hang in my home so my children could meditate on it.


A great idea, wrong colors for me...I know someone out there is saying "Oh beautiful!"


Another one of my favorites. If you look closely you can see there has been some stitching done. Outlines of farm life. There is a shortcut to making these triangles that takes a 1/8th of the time compared to what we have done in the past.



Another favorite. The woodcuts are readily available to buy according to the reference in the back of the book. There is not instruction in the book on how to make them yourself.

"...these are a few of my fav-oh-rite things..."
This looks like a great quilt to get little ones involved in. Everyone has a favorite thing and who wouldn't love to see it in the family project? A great idea for knitting hearts to home.

This one I like but it looks like it would take planning...

A definite favorite!

Clever I think...

Not my colors but it could be done with some cool and/or neutral tones...

Not a bad idea for a child's room

Especially if you had twins! Wouldn't that be fun!?!?!?

Quack! Quack!


the quilt in progress...

5 comments:

Mrs.halterman said...

Loved the birthday song, and the crazy star quilt on the front. I will have to get the instructions on that one day!

Dutchess said...

I love the stars in the rainbow! All these lopsided jobs would be so easy to hide the flaws!

Dutchess said...

Just noticed the steam spirals on the coffee/tea quilt...so cute...

The Serven Clan said...

Thanks for posting pictures and giving a sneak peak into the book. Hmmm. It's not exactly my style . . . I like more of the traditional quilt blocks, but with a elegant look. Any reccomendations?

Rebecca

P. S. I certainly conquer on the colors. I'm enjoying being a winter more and more everyday. : )

Miss Kelly & Miss Andrea said...

Rebecca-
I have another idea for you. My aunt surprised us with another quilting book in the mail. I have a feeling it will be with us on our next road trip.
God bless,
Kelly