Thursday, September 27, 2007

Something to look forward to!

Andrea and I had the blessing of meeting and speaking with Mrs. Duggar at the 2006 SAICFF. She was gracious enough to share some personal one-on-one time with us, getting to know us, and encourage us in our commitment to be stay-at-home daughters preparing to be wives and mothers some day. While there were many seminars and films being shown in several different meeting rooms making it very difficult to pick which to go to there was one we both unquestionably put a star by. Q & A with Mama. One of the stories she shared is captured here in a message that is on the Duggar Family Website. Enjoy! It's something to look forward to!

A Message To Mothers From Michelle Duggar

It was 1:00 AM in the morning as I stood folding laundry with tears streaming down my cheeks. Feelings of being overwhelmed flooded my mind. I cried aloud, "LORD I NEED YOUR HELP, I can't do it all! I feel so inadequate! Diapers, dishes, laundry, meals, cleanup, school lessons, baths, hugs, kisses, correction..." My list seemed to go on and on.

Then it was as if a still small voice said, "Michelle, it's easy to praise ME when things are going good, but are you willing to praise ME now?" Immediately the scripture that says, "Offer up a sacrifice of praise", came to mind.

I said, "OK Lord, I will praise you even now! It really is a sacrifice!" So through the tears I began to sing, "The joy of the Lord is my strength". In my heart there was a release as if a burden had been lifted. I finished the laundry at 2 AM and went to bed.

Days later, I was at our piano teacher's home (at 7 AM) trying to catch up on paperwork while the children were taking their lessons. Instead, I kept drifting off to sleep! The teacher noticed and asked, "Are you OK?" I replied, "I'm fine, I'm just tired. I was up late finishing laundry."

As we talked more she said that she actually enjoyed doing laundry and that she would be glad to come and help me! That weekend when she arrived we had mountains of dirty laundry, and when she left we had nice, neat, orderly stacks of clean laundry! For 10 years now, our piano teacher, whom we consider a part of our family and loving call "NaNa" has faithfully come (now twice a week) to help us with laundry! GOD sent "An angel" in answer to my cry for help.

He is faithful to hear the humble cries of his children. "Humble thyself in the sight of the Lord and He will lift you up." God lifted my burden (literally mountains of laundry!) and freed me to meet the more urgent needs of my family. "Now unto Him that is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that worketh in us, unto Him be glory..."

Remember mothers, where God guides He provides!

With Love,
MichelleProverbs 3:5-7

2 comments:

John Moore said...

I enjoyed one of these lectures live; but I didn't stay for the Q/A with Mama. Our family did have the pleasure of listening to them on CD though. What an amazing testimony!

If you'd like to borrow the festival lectures, we would gladly bring them to church this Sunday.

We're all very enthusiastic about the festival this year, though we're a little disappointed on two counts; The boys that there will be no Charlie Zahm, and the girls that there will be no Duggar family. Ray Comfort, even with his New Zealand accent, can't quite compare to the loss of Zahm and the Duggars.

Let us wear sackloth and ashes.

~ In Christ, John.

Dutchess said...

I have been in several situations similar to that! It is amazing God is just waiting for us to cry out to Him and he drops this armload of blessings on us that he's been dying to give us!